Service Technician Job Description
GENERAL SUMMARY: Inspects, diagnoses, services and repairs motorized power equipment specializing in Janitorial Maintenance machines.
- Uses many strategies to diagnose the source, and extent, of a problem with power equipment ranging from vacuums to propane engine buffers.
- Ability to determine mechanical, electrical & fuel problems and make all necessary repairs.
- Travel to customer locations to diagnose floor care equipment on site.
- Utilize basic computer skills for time keeping, machine diagnostics and part lookup.
- Other duties as required to satisfy customer requests in regards to the repairing of floor care equipment.
DETAILS OF FUNCTIONS:
- Attention to Detail: Some parts need to be installed exactly or they will not work. The ability to focus on the minute details of the repair will be necessary.
- Mechanical Skills: Will need familiarity with parts and components of fuel engines, electrical and battery operated equipment, as well as all of the tools needed to fix them.
- Technical Skills: Technician will need to be familiar with electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Manual Dexterity: Good hands and great hand-eye coordination are needed.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Technician needs to be able to look at components, identify problems and think about possible solutions.
Email Your Resume